500 g lean minced beef
500 g sausage mince
2 onions finely chopped or grated
2 cloves of crushed garlic
½ tsp mixed herbs
1 tbsp barbecue sauce
3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ cup breadcrumbs
3 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
2 Borg’s puff pastry sheets
1. Preheat oven to a moderate temperature of 180°C. Lightly grease baking tray.
2. In a bowl, combine sausage and beef mince, onions, 1 egg, garlic, sauces, parsley, breadcrumbs, mixed herbs and some salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Take out pastry sheet, allow to thaw, cut sheet in half and brush lightly with remainder of beaten egg. Using a teaspoon, spoon a portion of the mince mixture down the middle of the pastry strip.
4. Roll the pastry over the mixture and press the edges to seal leaving the ends open. With a sharp knife cut the sausage rolls into half or 4, then place on the trays seam, side down. Brush with egg and lightly score the tops diagonally with sharp knife.
5. Place in a very hot oven of 250°C for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with your favourite sauce.